We are The Safety Superstars!
Our role within the school is:
- to ensure the children and staff remain safe
- to check the walkie-talkies are charged
- to carry out traffic surveys
- to organise safety events
- to collect and track the scores of our travel tracker
From our recent traffic survey, we identified some potentially dangerous behaviour:
- parking on the double yellow lines
- speeding around corners
- blocking citizens’ driveways and the main exit and entrance of the school
- parking in front of a junction
We have identified and generated some possible solutions to these issues:
- to walk to school
- to park at least five minutes away and walk the rest of the way to school
- to cycle to school
In addition to this, we have created a new bike rack and helmet storage for you to use. All you need is your bike lock and padlock for the helmet storage.
Another related topic to this is the ‘Walking to School programme’. We would like to encourage you to do this so we can prevent any accidents. As an additional bonus, your child can get their ‘Walk to School’ badges through our Travel Tracker.
If you require any additional information, please contact us through the school office
Road Safety Links